● Significant experience with and fluency in Windows operating system, word processing software (Word Perfect for Windows and/or MS Word), and database programs (Paradox and/or MS Access). Producing mail-merge letters is a substantial part of the job, and thus a high level of competence with this particular word processing function is critical.
● Eagerness to learn and ability to be trained quickly.
● Attention to detail and “rule-following” skills with respect to data entry.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills. The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for callers to the organization, so a customer-friendly personality and attention to detail (spelling of names, taking correct phone numbers) are essential.
● Must be able to report to work and be here at your scheduled time. Attendance is essential in this position: Excessive tardiness (more than 4 occurrences in a 6-month period) or excessive absenteeism (more than 2 occurrences in a 6-month period) may result in immediate termination.
● Willing to work as a regular, full-time employee continuously for a period of 3 months in order to be eligible for paid time off. Special circumstances will be considered.
● Interest in public policy issues a plus.