Internship in Editorial
This internship will run for 10 weeks. Interns are required to work 20 hours each week and will be paid $150 per week.
The intern will report to The Heartland Institute’s executive editor.
The internship will involve a wide variety of editorial-related responsibilities, including policy research, proofreading, formatting publications for print, formatting publications for Web-posting and broadcast-emailing, and editing and preparation of newspaper articles for graphic designers.
- Proofread letters to the editor, opeds, and Research & Commentaries.
- Proofread, assign MS Word styles to newspaper articles for graphics department, copyedit final layout.
- Assist with research for one or more books, Policy Briefs, and other publications.
- Format and initially proofread books and Policy Briefs.
- Process Consumer Power Report, Climate Change Weekly, and School Choice Weekly enewsletters– proofread/edit, assign HTML styles, send to broadcast email provider and post on website.
- Assist with document “cleanup” on PolicyBot research database.
The intern is expected to have:
- Interest in public policy issues and free-market thought.
- Significant experience and fluency with Word Perfect or Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity and experience with HTML.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, combined with a professional demeanor.
- Excellent English language skills – spelling and grammar – and attention to detail.
Email your resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to Latreece Reed at email@example.com.