Heartland's mission is to discover, develop, and promote free-market solutions to social and economic problems. Such solutions include parental choice in education, market-based approaches to environmental protection, privatization of public services, and deregulation in areas where property rights and markets do a better job than government bureaucracies.
Heartland does things no other group does:
- Publishes six monthly public policy newspapers featuring the latest news and commentary on budget and tax issues, environmental regulation, health care reform, telecommunications regulation, finance, insurance, real estate, and school reform.
- Operates a customer-driven clearinghouse for free-market research and commentary.
- Communicates frequently with every state and national elected official, sending them a publication about every five days and fulfilling thousands of information requests.
- Works to defend and expand your civil and economic liberties, while working to rebuild and protect the institutions that made America a prosperous and free nation.
Heartland membership benefits include:
- Benefits associated with each level of giving.
- Discounts to attend Heartland events.
- Exclusive monthly conference calls with leading policy experts.
- An annual President's Council Retreat two-day summit.
- A variety of networking and social activities.
- Contributions, including gifts of appreciated stock, are tax deductible under Section 501(c)3 of Internal Revenue Code.