Woke Culture Infects Health Care (Guest: Dr. Marilyn Singleton)
Health care institutions across the country have fallen victim to woke culture. Dr. Marilyn Singleton explains why this should set off alarm bells.
In a recent article, a physician used the terms “assigned male at birth (AMAB)” and “assigned female at birth (AFAB)” instead of male and female. The article was published by The Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Marilyn Singleton, a board-certified anesthesiologist in California and former president of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, discusses why use of such language in health care should set off alarm bells. AFAB, AMAB, and other terms such as “pregnant persons” are increasingly being used by health care institutions, experts, and writers to show deference to woke ideology.
Dr. Singleton also weighs in on the announcement this week that Dr. Anthony Fauci has tested positive for COVID, an ironic development for someone who was the leading champion of vaccines, masks, and other restrictions.
Topics of discussion:
- How widely used are the terms AMAB and AFAB?
- How have physicians have responded to this new terminology?
- What about the use of “pregnant persons” in some bills in California? Do they believe someday men could be altered to give birth?
- It is easy to joke about woke language, but could patients be at risk?
- What did Supreme Court Justice Kentanji Jackson mean at her confirmation hearing when she said that she couldn’t describe what a woman was because she was not a biologist?
- Will there be any turning back if woke terminology is used more in articles? How about legislative bills? Is the intent to change the public’s thinking?
Dr. Marilyn Singleton’s website: https://marilynsingletonmdjd.com