MEDIA ADVISORY: Major Climate Conference Set for Oct 15-17, 2021 in Las Vegas
The 14th International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC-14) hosted by The Heartland Institute will feature more than 50 speakers
The conference theme is ‘The Great Reset: Climate Realism vs. Climate Socialism’
The climate alarmism industry presents a daily barrage of false, misleading, and one-sided information designed to convince people that a climate crisis is at hand. As the years pass, the “climate crisis” keeps getting pushed into the future. Why? Because the forces of collectivism and big government are using it as a means to gain more control over we the people. And make no mistake, the future of climate policy is about to be decided on a global scale.
What: 14th International Conference on Climate Change (website)
When: October 15-17, 2021
Where: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas
Media: Apply for credentials at this link.
Contact: Jim Lakely (email@example.com)
The Heartland Institute is the leading global think tank working with world-renowned scientists and policy experts–on a regular basis, and at our previous 13 conferences–who look at the data and do not see human activity causing an “existential” climate crisis. At ICCC-14, you will hear that data-based, scientific case, and why we do not need a “Great Reset” to save the world. In fact, the so-called Great Reset would destroy freedom and prosperity across the globe.
In October, Klaus Schwab, the founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum (WEF), penned an article for TIME that focused exclusively on the Great Reset, titled “A Better Economy Is Possible. But We Need to Reimagine Capitalism to Do It.”
As The Heartland Institute’s Chris Talgo explains, Klaus and the WEF exploited the COVID-19 crisis in the short term, and is now exploiting the “climate crisis” in the long-term, to replace free-market capitalism with what they call “stakeholder capitalism.” That would usher in a command-and-control structure on a global scale. And there appears to be little to stop them.
This will be the most important event of the year to counter climate alarmism and the imposition of the Great Reset with the best scientists and experts from around the world on those topics.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE STRUCTURE
The conference–beginning the evening of Friday, October 15 and running all day through the weekend–will feature six keynote plenary sessions and two concurrent tracks covering the latest in climate science, energy, and global policy initiatives.
The program is nearly complete, and will cover: global temperature trends, natural forces of the climate, impacts of climate change, green energy economics, the Green New Deal, distortions of energy markets, the growing Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria among business and governments, and more.
- William Happer, Ph.D., CO2 Coalition
- Christopher Monckton, former advisor to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
- Patrick Moore, Ph.D., co-founder of Greenpeace
- Neil Frank, Ph.D., National Hurricane Center (ret.)
- Amy Oliver Cooke, John Locke Foundation
- Roy Spencer, Ph.D., University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Willie Soon, Ph.D., astrophysicist
- Kevin Dayaratna, Ph.D., The Heritage Foundation
- Holger Thuss, Ph.D., European Institute for Climate and Energy
- Myron Ebell, Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Steve Milloy, Trump EPA transition team member
- Ross McKitrick, Ph.D., University of Guelph
- Benjamin Zycher, Ph.D., American Enterprise Institute
- Anne Jordan, Canadian Health Alliance
- Jim Peacock, The Right Climate Stuff (TRCS) research team
- Derrick Hollie, Reaching America
- Jay Lehr, Ph.D., International Climate Science Coalition
This is Heartland’s 14th International Conference on Climate Change since 2008. These events have attracted extensive international attention and some 5,500 attendees to the debate taking place in the scientific community over the causes, extent, and consequences of climate change. For more information and background on Heartland's work on the climate, see this page on our website.