Thankful for School Choice!
School Choice #200
Just ahead of Thanksgiving, our friends over at EdChoice highlight a family grateful for school choice. The video says:
Shelley uses the Indiana Opportunity Scholarship to send her son AJ to eighth grade at a local private school. She moved him from a public school that was not meeting his needs.
Stories like Shelley and AJ’s are rampant within the school choice community – Watchdog.org has compiled more than a hundred. After all, what person has ever been given more opportunities and balked at them? As you sit down at your Turkey Day feast and give thanks this Thursday, think of the choices you’re given by being an American, how grateful you are for them, and how you want everyone to have such a choice – especially children.
IN THIS ISSUE:
School Choice Roundup
- ROCHESTER: Rochester Prep, a charter school, is doing so well, there’s a waiting list to get in.
- CALIFORNIA: A California newspaper publishes “Confessions of a former charter school hater.”
- MILWAUKEE: Milwaukee voucher school kids are excelling academically, according to new data.
Common Core and Curriculum Watch
- ZOMBIES: A Minnesota teacher asked students in an assignment which people they’d kill off in a zombie apocalypse.
- NEW MEXICO: New Mexico’s state Supreme Court is set to hear a debate over private school textbook funding.
- FLORIDA: A Florida lawmaker wants climate science to be taught in a “balanced” way.