CBO Dynamically Scores Immigration Bill
In this CATO at Liberty, the author comments on the newly released draft of S. 744 as scored by the CBO. He points at that the CBO found 7 things in the bill; the more-dynamic score takes into account these effects from S. 744:
- Increased size and employment in the economy.
- Increased average wages after 2025.
- Slightly increased unemployment rate through 2020.
- Increased quantity of capital investment.
- Increased productivity of labor (due to complementary task specialization).
- Increased productivity of capital (due to increase in supply of labor and TFP).
- Higher interest rates.